Sep 30, 2012

It's been a while ...

Yup! I did NOT realize that I have been away for SO long.
It's been a while since I last blogged ... it has been a rather stressful past few months and "life" has kept me busy!!
Hubby had the 6th surgery at his right knee (yes, I said 6!) and I had to work as a nurse too (as if I had not enough things to do)!
Did I already mentioned that I will have a stand at the Chicago International next year?
Yeah!
I will be teaching a workshop  "Il pranzo della Domenica - Sunday Lunch" :




It is a remembrance of my childhood, when my mother on Sundays, used to make fresh "Fettuccine" or "Tagliatelle" (and sometimes potato dumplings too). She made them on the kitchen table with her pasta machine and I used to help turning the handle. The ragu sauce was made with fresh tomatoes and minced meat into a terracotta saucepan and used to simmer for at least 1 hour and a half!
On special occasions (Christmas or New Year's Day) she made fresh "Lasagne" with homemade beschamel sauce and I helped "cleaning" (read "lick polished") the pan after she finished the peparation. 
Hmmm, Lasagne, maybe a 2014 workshop? 
(Title: "How to lick polished the beschamel sauce pan" .... LOL)
I am very proud of how the minced meat turned out. I had a severe judge, infact my daughter helped me with her critics: "too much red, too much white, not the right pink ..... > grin <


On August I received the invitation to go to the Hugglets Winter Bear Fest (Sunday 24th February 2013) at Kensington Town Hall in London. I dreamt for a long time to attend a Teddy Bear show and when I received the invitation for the Hugglets Festival I could hardly believe it, the Muffa Bears again in London, how exciting! 







17 comments:

  1. Your preparation board is stunning! And Winnie the Pooh with his hunny is an adorable scene. Great work! Have fun at the festival. Best wishes for a successful recovery for your husband.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Dora for your kind words.
      Hubby is fine now but I need a holiday in a desert island with just a book and a bikini!!

      Delete
  2. The sunday lunch is perfect.
    I love your bear.
    Bye Faby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Mariella! You have so many things to be proud of! Your Sunday Lunch is so gorgeous, and your tiny teddy bears are all adorable! I wish I could see your mini things at the two shows. The ones who do will be so lucky! xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh it would be fantastic if you could come and say hello. I love to meet people that I only know on the web.
      And if you'll come, remember to wear a sticker with your nickname and buddy icon so I will be able to add a face to a name LOL!!

      Delete
  4. Welcome back.
    I love your Sunday luch table and Pooh Bear. I wish you lot of luck at the two shows. Hope your Husband knee is better now.
    Hugs
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Maria, finger crossed for the shows!

      Delete
  5. Wonderful news and miniatures!!! I thought you only made crochet but you also make great food.
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make a virtue or necessity ... LOL
      Thank you!

      Delete
  6. Ciao Mariella, bentornata! :) Un grosso in bocca al lupo a tuo marito, e un abbraccio dalla fredda Svezia da una tua ammiratrice di lunga data :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come si dice ... crepi il lupo!
      Che bella la Svezia, un po' freddina vero, ma un paesaggio fantastico.
      Tanti auguri per la tua nuova avventura nordica.

      Delete
  7. Hi Mariella,
    Congratulations on the invite to hugglets!!! Your miniatures are so divine and loveable!!
    I love the sunday lunch table it's amazing and your little winnie the pooh is too cute for words :0)
    hugs ♥ Vicky ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Vicky, I love to pieces what you make too ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

      Delete
  8. Your sunday lunch looks fantastic.
    Pooh bear is sooooo cute!!
    Greetings
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete