Sep 26, 2010

A busy bee

I've been a busy bee this summer, even if when kids are home from school my time for mini making is so few.
I was able to write some new patterns, here is a little baby doll that is small enough (32mm tall) to sleep into a matchbox:

She has movable arms but she's nice even if the arms don't move, isn't she?
A little toadstool boy that I loved to photograph with some toadstools made by my friend Lory (she makes the most wonderful fairy items I've ever seen, take a peek at her shop here).
Hmmm I think that my love for toadstools is becoming an obsession!

Oh and the little snail is made by me too and it's just 8mm tall!
And last but not least a little gnome. I first made it without beard, but gnomes do have beard, don't they? So as I could not decide in which way he was nicer, I made it with a removable beard!

Before and after ... a young gnome and an older one made with the same pattern!
As a busy bee I also made a tutorial on CDHM on how to make a miniature paper butterfly:


This tutorial will probably be published on the next issue of "The Miniature Way" so take a peek if you are interested.
Now I have to work like a mad because I will attend the Dollhouse Miniature Fair in Madrid next November and I have not yet made anything for the show! Good, uh?

6 comments:

  1. Querida amiga Mariella!!! Son maravillosas tus creacones.Un beso.María

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is always amazing. Great work! I love all of them.
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
  3. He visto todos tus trabajos.
    Sencillamente maravillosos!
    Felicidades!
    Cuida tus ojos
    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  4. He disfrutado viendo tus personajes de mini ganchillo.
    Me encantan.
    Besos Clara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Felicitaciones por tu trabajo!
    Me provoca mucho placer tejer amigurumis, cuanto más chiquitos mejor pero lo tuyo es bellísimo!!!
    Solo para sacarme de dudas..qué hilado usás?
    Beso desde Rosario, AR
    Vero

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much girls, for your nice comments, I'm always happy to know what you think.

    Vero, I suppose you are asking about the thread I use (sorry I do not speak spanish so I had to google the translation - LOL).
    To make these miniatures I used Finca cotton thread #12 and a 0.8mm hook. You can also make them with DMC cotton thread #12. The smaller the thread, the smaller the miniature.
    Hope it helps!

    ReplyDelete